120 – 5 Day Package with 2 Day Short Inka Trail Trek
Cost Per-Person – $609.00
Child Discount – 0-17 yrs. $20.00
Student Discount – 18 and over with a valid ISIC $20.00
Single Supplement – $89.00
Est. Additional Costs – $100.00*
Day 1 – Arrival in Cusco at any time, you will then be picked up and transported to your accommodation for check in, after checking into your accommodation you will need to visit the agency office for a short briefing regarding your tour and trek, you will then have the remainder of the day to relax or explore Cusco on your own.
Day 2 – Today you will be able to sleep in a bit if you want, or you can explore the city of Cusco, making sure to return to your accommodation by 12:30 pm. You will then be picked up between 12:30 pm and 1:15 pm for the start of your ½ day city tour. During this tour you will visit the main Cathedral and then Qorikancha before taking a bus up to the sites overlooking the City, Saqsaywaman which contains some of the largest stones used in any Inka construction, Q’enqo a funerary center, Pucapucara which was a fort, and Tambomachay which is known as the Inca baths. After your tour you will be dropped off back in Cusco at approximately 6:30 pm
Day 3 – Today you will be picked up from your accommodation at 4:00 am and be transported to Ollantaytambo where you will board the train that will take you to the trail start point at km 104, here you will visit Chachabamba and then start your hike. During the hike you will visit Wiñayhuayna (Forever Young) which is believed to have been the former home of the ancient priests of Machu Picchu. Along the way you will also enjoy the fantastic scenery of the Urubamba River before entering Machu Picchu by way of the Sun Gate (Inti Punku), and then passing through Machu Picchu you will exit and take a bus down to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will have dinner and spend the night.
Meals: Lunch & Dinner
Day 4 – On this day, we are going to visit the great ruins of Machu Picchu. To get there you will have 2 options, start the hike to the entrance at 04:00 am or you could sleep in a bit and take the optional bus to reach Machu Picchu where you will have a guided tour of the ruins for 2 hours and then free time afterwards. You will need to return to Aguas Calientes at least 30 minutes prior to your train departure at 06:20 pm that will return you to Ollantaytambo. In Ollantaytambo there will be a transport waiting for you with your name on a list to bring you back to Cusco.
Day 5 – Morning breakfast followed by transfer to the airport or bus station for your departure.
* Estimated Additional costs are based on required items and do not include package options.
- Cusco – Amanecer an el Sole Hotel or Similar
- Aguas Calientes –
- All transfers and transportation indicated
- 3 nights lodging in Cusco & 1 night in Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to the Machu Picchu entrance
- Meals indicated
- Tour guide at the sites and on the trek
- Mules to carry cooking and camping equipment plus 7kg of your personal items during the trek.
- Entrance to Huchuy Qosqo
- Oxygen bottle and first aid kit during the trek
- Meals not indicated
- Entry to the Main Cathedral
- Entry to Qorikancha
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes
- Tourist Ticket for entry to sites (other than Machu Picchu)
- Alcoholic or carbonated drinks
- Tips for the trekking staff and guides
- Shuttle bus from Machu Picchu back down to Aguas Calientes
- Huayna Picchu
- Machu Picchu Mountain
- Shuttle bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes